The Word means a lot...

In my previous blog i talked about the emptiness i felt at camp in the spirit and how i just had so many questions about how God chooses to move and everything. I was talking to one of the guys fro my church who had preached at camp and had prayed for me and i asked about Gods spirit and its workings. We talked about it for a while but it was obvious there was more to this conversation then a facebook chat and maybe we would actualy meet up and discuss at a later date. As he was going away he reminded me that the Scriptures were awesome and a way straight to what God wanted to tell us, and encouraged me to read them.

So thats just what i did.

Tuesday was a public holiday so i spent the day lazying around i decided to read the bible and thought i would read Acts as i was interested in learning about the Spirits movements and knew Acts was a good book to talk about that. just over 5 hours later i had finished reading Acts and journalling my way through it. So much awesome stuff happened and there were many qustions i had about who God was and how he revealed himself to others so many theological questions and a few random things i questioned and learnt. it was such an uplifting and encouraging time.

i may not know the answers t all the questions i had in the book of Acts but man did it encourage me that the more you read the more you learn. Started reading Romans today. Another really cool book.

i do look forward to reading more and asking the questions i have about the books i read. my prayer is that the more i read the more i will understand. i think it will actually happen... in bible study i felt like i understood more about who people were and what their purpose was in the passage we were reading.

I love how God uses when we are feeling spiritually low and uses simple things such as a reminder that God doesnt just speak through his Spirit but also through his word the bible. it gave me a real spiritual excitment to read and ask questions based on what ive read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...