Leadership...A message???

So ive always thought i was a born leader, a natural at leading, Bossy as many people call it. But i never thought it was a bad thing. I've been to so many leadeship conferences, training days etc and its just something ive generally found myself good at.

At easter camp this year, i went under the assumption i was leading my youth small group... ( i would have gone to camp anyway by still was pretty excited about leading) i wasnt leading, they didnt need me to lead as the youth girls only were in one group rather then what they initially thought of 2 groups. I felt a bit like i wasn't appreciated as a leader and that i wasnt really given a chance to show how amazing i was. i was a bit grumpy about it all.. i had a pretty bad attitude the first day and a bit of camp because of it.

then i realised i ddint need to be an offical leader on camp to be a leader and a way for me to lead was to just build into the lives of my youth girls through hanging out with them and being a good friend. this also gave the other leaders a break from dealing with teenage girl dramas and all that.. so i took a few girls under my wing and support them by hanging and chatting and having a good time.

by the end of the weekend i was a completely differnet person leadership wise. my focus was just getting to know them and seeing where they were at rather then trying to solve their lives issues..

i love how God used me not being a leader at camp to grow my leadership skills!

i really think not leading on Easter Camp this year really prepared me for running the first youth night this term. i felt like i had the respect of the youth and that they realised i wasnt there to have authority but i was in fact there to serve them and have a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...