Hillsong Conference

These July Holidays I road tripped to Sydney with a team from my church for Hillsong Conference. It was AMAZING! I went to confernece hoping to get a real passion for my faith and a passionate vision for incredible things. I wanted to become a person that God spoke to so clearly about vision and exciting things and i wanted to become crazy for Jesus.

I had an amazing time at Hillsong. God spoke, i listened, i build community with a group of people i wasnt heaps close too, and i learnt a lot about myself.

Pastor Steven Furtick spoke at Conference and one of his talks was titled, you are never really ready. this message spoke to me, im in a stage in my life where im trying to work out what i want to do with the rest of it, where my study will lead me, what kind of lifestyle i want in the future and what kind of career i want and most importantly, how im going to use my life to serve God. I have (i think) answers to many of this questions but i question a lot about how i can do it and if i have the ability to achieve and follow God's call on my life. I felt like God was calling me to make a few stands on things, to step out and do a few things but i think my biggest fear was that im not ready, im not old enough, im not smart enough, im not popular enough, not well enough spoken and that i really wasnt ready to take those steps, challenges and next journeys in life because of it. Steven Furtick's message was pretty much, you are never really going to feel ready, get ready on the way. He shared his story of the amazing ministry he has built and how he achieved it and doubted through it all too.

Throughout the week and the different speakers i was reminder about who i was in Gods image and who God made me to be uniquely.  Louie Giglio spoke about how worship was a weapon against the devil and how everything was made to worship God. (it was an awesome message and defs one to get hold of) Louie did this really cool thing and mixed sounds together from different things and turned it into a worship song. as we sang to this mashed song he said, 'God wants your voice in the symphony' This line stuck with me, Who i was mattered to God and even when i didnt feel good enough and knowledgable enough and that what i said was any good, God still cared what my voice was. I was reminded of my worth which comes from God.

Another thing i loved about Hillsong was worship, i loved when all the musos and singers on stage stopped playing and it was just the 30 000 people strong congregration singing on our own, over and over, God was glorified as our eyes were fixed to him.

The team from Hope Valley that i travelled with were absolutely amazing, they were super loving and heaps of fun. Over our week together i learnt a lot about healthy marriages, true friendships and just about having fun as an adult. the others were nearly 10 years older than me and they still treated me as an equal but they also looked after me.

What i went to Hillsong wanted to get out of it didnt happen, but it kinda did too. While at hillsong as God reminded me who i really was and i was reminded that who i wanted to be in my faith, someone who creates big visions and gets so excited and passionate about vision, wasnt necessarily me. That doesnt mean i think im visionless, it means i dont easily come up with vision, i capture others vision and work out the details, and those things excite me. Systems and processes excite me and i love to know that in the vision we can make that vision more possible with these systems. Thats who i am and thats what gets me passionate and fired up for my faith.

 Overall Hillsong was amazing and i cant wait until next years conference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...