school yard faith

The last month of so ive been reminded of where i was faith wise in high school.  I was asked about why i started this blog to which i think it was becuase i had so much faith questions, or how God was using me and challenging me and i wanted to share it with others.  I was reminded by a good friend and youth pastor that he remembers being in meetings for schools chaplaincy and my name getting mentioned as they talked about how passionate i was so see God's name prevail in my school, and how he had only just realised i was the same Nicole :)

I reflect on the now, how my faith has turned into action now, am i living as passionately and as dangerously as i was in high school?

my faith in high school seemed so simple, conversation about faith didnt end in a debate about the history of religion or the validity of the bible, it didnt result in comments and questions about groups of chirstians or churches who had made very public mistakes or had interesting methods or beliefs.  It was about what God had done in my life and how i wanted to share it with everyone i knew. 

In high school, i wanted to do just a few things,
  1. empower my christian friends to realise they werent alone and that together our school could be changed in Jesus' name.
  2. Show my non-christian friends that christians are normal - through living a fun yet different life and that this lifestyle is so fufilling.
  3. Make Jesus prevail in my school through actions, words and prayer.

It seemed pretty simple to me, and it is pretty simple, God loved me - I had purpose in my life and felt a great sense of worth and i wanted those around me to have the same joy, hope and faith as i had.

So that draws me to the question, what has changed now? Is faith still simple? What makes me passionate about sharing faith with others now?

I would say that faith should be this simple but i think now unfortunatly I have and situations im in have overcomplicated it.  I still wholeheartedly believe that God loves me and because of that i have freedom, purpose, worth and hope.  I still wholeheartedly want those i come in contact with to have this same freedom, purpose,worth and hope.  But everything seems to be so knowledge and intellectual based.  The public mistakes and interesting methods and beliefs of some christians have black listed and shut down so many opportunities for the truths of God to come up.

I will still continue to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus, because i know how much my life has changed because of it.  But i will also strongly encourage the high schoolers i get to ministry to, to use their time in high school for God's glory, to use those years are a chance to make an impact and Jesus' name proclaimed in their schools.  I will continue to pray for my high school and the students and teachers their, i wholeheartedly believe God is going to move in powerful ways there and believe my time at that school was just the beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...