What i have learnt from my Nokia 101

My phone broke recently and i was unable to afford a quality phone but desperately needed a phone so i bought a Nokia 101 which cost me $40.

Since using this phone i have learnt a lot.

  1. it is possible to still be connected but on a more personal level when you dont have the easy option of social media.
  2. It is possible to not have your phone on you at all times, eg; when going to the toilet, while waiting in line. 
  3. Its possible to leave my phone in another room or in my handbag for long periods of time without a need to use it.
  4. technology has changed the way people catch buses, get directions, tell a story about things they saw randomly. 
  5. i actually have a fair amount of time in my day i can use for other things.

Not having access to internet or having a camera on my photo i was restricted to texting or making phone calls and it was awesome!

I read my bible (like a real paper bible) on the bus or as i waited for things, i prayed when waiting in line or going to the toilet.  I pre planned my day and looked up directions before i left. i told stories about things with people face to face rather then just post a picture or caption on social media.

Technology is powerful and an useful tool in our society but it also has the ability to do so much damage.  My phone was doing damage in my relationship with God and when i was forced to make a change, God used that to teach me.  My prayer for my life is that i wont let my phone become something which holds me back from wholeheartedly and fully worshiping my God and building real relationships in true community.

Do yourselves a favour and turn your phone off for a day, stop using it on the bus or on the toilet, spend those times connecting with God or connecting with friends face to face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...