living a proactive life

When i decided to write this i had no idea what i should title this post, I wanted to talk about taking control of my life, but ultimately i wanted God to be incontrol so it felt wrong to say that, i was going to write about 2013 being my year, but i already declared 2012 my year and having more than one year dedicated to yourself seems a bit vain.  I was going to talk about being the change in your own life, but I probably wouldnt have willingly made the changes in my life. 

Things happen in life and sometimes there are awesome and other times they totally suck.  I've had a pretty amazing yet rough start to 2013. It started amazing with leading an awesome bunch of 16y/o's at CE Camp over new years - to talk faith, life and have so much fun was a great start to the year. Its such a privellage to be able to bring in the New Year worshipping God and leading youth, which im so passionate about doing.  Then from camp a had a few days at home before heading off to beach mission at Port Vincent on the Yorke Peninsula in South Australia.  A team and i spend a week there running a christian program for Kids and Teens who either lived there or who were on holidays there.  I lead the Teens team and the group of youth we had were awesome, so fun fun, a little be crazy but honest and open to discuss life and try and find out a bit about the Christian Faith. Was such a good opportunity to share faith with them.  I learnt so much about myself over these two experiences and discovered a new passion and need to support and encourage those from country areas.  I finished off my time away with a young adults camp at Port Hughes also on the Yorke Peninsula with people for heaps of different churches.

After my amazing time away things kind of stopped going the way i thought they were going too, the job i was confiedent i was going to get, i didnt get, and the place i was going for my uni placement pulled out on me 6 days before i was ment to start, one of my uni subjects got cancelled on the friday before uni started too.  My carfully planned life, was falling apart everywhere.

After i found out i didnt get the job i had to make a decision to look somewhere else or do something else.  I needed to be proactive.  I had all these future goals and career dreams but i wasnt taking steps to make it happen.  So i decided if i wanted to gt to these goals i was going to have to commit.  I've committed 2013 to study, to achieve good marks and to focus on where im heading.  I have enrolled in a Certificate 4 in Youth Work as well as my Bachelor of Ministry so i can be a qualified youth worker.  This will also allow me to get a job by the end of this year or early next year.

Now, by currently not having a placement and subjects it makes it hard for me to be proactive to actually get this, but i've learnt a lot about being proactive.  I've learnt to ask for help straight away when i need it, express how i'm feeling about situations, to pray for direction, to ask others to pray for direction for me and take steps to make things happen rather then waiting for someone else too.

My life doesnt always represent what i'm talking about but i'm trying and learning as i go.  My life is such an adventure and although i have struggles and stresses I know God has it in control and i'm learning to seek God and set goals more and more everyday.

Comments

  1. Welcome back Nicole!! I know I hardly comment I missed your posts about the ministy that you are in :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...