Our Future, God's Plan

Often in my life I feel like there are heaps of people who are telling me they see a great plan for my life and that I would make a good youth leader, lawyer, youth worker, children’s pastor and the list seems to go on. At school and even at church we are told that our futures are bright and that there is so much we can to in the future and that God has a plan for us.

In Jeremiah 29:11 it says
“For I know the plans I have for you” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”
I think this verse talks about how God does have control of our lives and he does have a plan and that plan is good even if at first we are unsure of what’s being asked of us it wont harm us and it will grow us. God wants what’s best for us and he wouldn’t give us a plan that didn’t agree with our talents. We just may be unsure to start with.

But I also believe that when we talk about God having a plan for us I think we feel that that plan is for the future once we have finished high school even uni and that one-day a letter or something will just arrive that says
Nicole you are ready for your plan now…quit everything you are doing and do this really big crazy thing for example something similar to what Noah did. That’s your plan…do you like it?Like I don’t know everything but I’m pretty sure I’m not necessarily going to get this letter or sign to go tell me to do something big. Gods plan for your life might be something small but important and if you miss the little things God is trying to tell you while you are looking for big things you could be waiting around for a long time.

God doesn’t wait until we are 20, 30, 40, 50+ to give us the plan for our life in fact we already know part of it, Love God, Love People. But the bible also tells us in 1 Timothy 4:12

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young. But set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
We may be young people but God still has a plan for us right then and right there, we can make a difference by setting an example to others. I get inspired by people who want to step out and speak their beliefs and stand up for what they believe in and that’s why I will tell you about two young girls who I look up to for stepping out in faith and sharing what they stand for and believe. These young girls both attend my church and I have known them since they were babies pretty much.

The first girl is 9 years old and has devoted much of her time for the last year and a half to making cards and raising money for Kingdom Assignment Sudan a charity. At 8 years old she decided she wanted to make a difference in peoples lives that were less fortunate and that she wanted to start her own charity. After many discussions with various people it was decided that she would start the charity when she was a bit older but for now she would put all her efforts into raising money for KAS.


The second young girl is a 10 year old that travelled to Bali with her family on a mission trip last year and on her return came back to tell me that she had so much things which she didn’t need and the children in Bali are so grateful for what they have when they have nothing.

Both these girls are young and yet they are so influential with their story and their passions. They know some of the things God has planned for their life and they aren’t just waiting until they have finished school and are older. They are living out their plans as best as 9 and 10 year olds can.


I guess what I’m trying to say is that
1.God has a plan for your life and this plan will not harm you
2.The plans God has for your life starts young so don’t wait until you start action on Gods plan.

I know my God is so good and although I don’t know exactly what God has called me to do with my life in the future I am certain that right here right now God is calling me to share the good news with my friends and live out my Christian faith to encourage others. So until God tells me otherwise that’s what I’m going to do.

If you have a passion to see something change or if you feel devoted to serve someone in someway, DO IT. The rewards that come from it are so joyful and no matter how big or small the task is do it for God like he planned for you to and its so amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...