God changed my life and i wanna share it with the world!

I've been coming to HVUC for about 10 years now, 8 of those years regularly. So i've kinda always known about church and God. At first to me God was someone that I could blame for the problems in my life, in particular the break down of my family. But through the pain I felt when my parents broke up and the support Lisa and others gave me I was truly shown Gods love. My understanding of Gods everlasting love grew as I saw how God was working in other peoples lives. In the Christmas holidays before I started high school I made a promise to myself that I would speak out about church and why I believed what I believed in high school. This proved to be a lot harder than I thought and had seen done in the movies. Somethings were easy like saying 'I went to youth on Friday' instead of I hung with mates. But when people asked deeper questions like why I believed in Jesus i didn't know how to respond. In year 10, I was all about making a difference in the world and helping people.

On Easter camp that year during our quiet time with God , god told me that I would do things that made a difference and impacted people's life's but to do that I first had to think about me. This idea to me was kinda confusing. I was like ummm god the whole point of helping someone is that its not about me... but I was totally missing the point. It has taken me a while to work out that god was trying to tell me that I have to have a deeper understanding and relationship with him to effectively be able to speak about gods love.

My faith has been challenged and grown a lot over the last 6 or so months through the prayer meeting at school which my friend and I started. It was a testing moment asking teachers for the use of a classroom so we could pray which got rejected but also asking our friends and other people to come, we had no idea how to run a prayer meeting. It tested my faith a lot when people didn't come some weeks coz it was cold and wet outside where we met and I questioned if it was really worth it, but god showed me it was by eventually giving us a room to use a few weeks ago.

Also through CE camp and Easter camp this year god has taught me that I don't have to deal with things on my own and that I did have people to support me and people I could confess too. God taught me that he had a plan for my life and and its okay if I don't do everything which people want me to do and I can say no to things.

My faith is now my own and is not based on the church services each week or the friends I have, its based on the relationship I have with God and how I can live that out every day.

I'm thankful that through crappy situations in my life God can use me to tell the good news to others. And i'm thankful that back when all I knew God as was someone I could blame, Lisa showed me his love through her actions. In so thankful to have my leaders and the sisterhood as part of my life to support me and teach me but mostly i'm thankful that God sent his son for us! God is so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...