Learning to embrace my calling

Today i went to day 1 of leadership school. i went not expecting to learn that much since i'd been to many differnt leadership things before but man was my mind blown with how i was challenged.

Session one was about embracing your calling to leadership
and how there are tWo main fears which stop us...the first being our fear of what ability we have and the second being the fear of failure.

We had a time of reflection after the session and i sat in Gods presence and listened...i was really challenged to work with youth but wasnt sure how... i also struggled with the idea of following gods call when it was against what my parents want me to achieve and become. i declared to God that no matter what i would follow this call on my life

Session two was about having a heart for God and being passionate, broken and sold out. to be this type of person you need to...
1.be ministering to people where they are in thier life...take ministry to them
2.not give up during the hard times
3. pray often for the ministry and for god to use you

God is longing for us to be passionate for a ministry.

during this reflection tme i felt like God was telling me to invest more time into my friends and their spiritual relationships by asking to pray with them and asking how they are going with God. also i felt like ZGod was puttnig a friend on my heart and this scared me coz last time i invested time into her i ended up so drained and broken and i was scared this was gonna happen again...i realsied thou that investing time could simply mean including her in my prayers every night. God spoke to me about prayer meeting and told me to stop winging it...make effort to build relationships and write studies which will strengthen the group.

Session three was about using ur head and wisdom
it was talked about hwat we show look for in a wise leader...the most powerful point to me was challenging me to read my bible more and being a deep thinking...instead of asking god all the time in prayer and wonder why god doesnt answer...read gods word and see it written in bold underlined and circled numourus times throughout the bible.


At the end of the day we had a chance to respond to Gods call and got challenged to think about a few questions...
1 do we need to embrace Gods call to leadership?
2. Do we need to embrace Gods heart for ministry?
3 Do we need ot embrace God wisdom?

i felt like god was calling me to embrace my call to leadership more...i responded and explain to the person praying to me that i wanted to honour my parents but i felt like i should follow Gods call on my life to serve youth.
The guy praying for me said we should pray for my parent first and that they would come to know GOd and so as we did this i was so overwhelmed i was crying... after that he prayed for me and that i would follow gods call.
at the end of the prayer he was like wow...god spoke to me and told me that you wont just be ministering to youth but you will be ministering to people of all ages. you will be an amazing ministor and do great things... i want to tell you to get on that convarebelt and take that journey down through differnet ages in different ministries and dont stayin the one area...you will change lives of some many different people's lives.


LIKE WOW THAT BLOWS MY MIND!!!
God said so much about what my life would involve and its crazy right now to think about how this is gonna happen. I will have to trust God and see where he takes me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

Beautiful things