The church of the future...

In the holidays i was at a leadership and Preaching school and Neil the speaker was talking with me and he said something about the church of the future is actually the church now and there is no reason why we can't achieve great things now as young people.

At the time i thought about me and my small group and what we could do to be the church now not someone that sits in the pews for 10 years waiting to be grown up so we can make a difference. i thought about making regular time to pray for the community as a community and even by helping with little jobs around the place. i decided to try adn get more young people in the welcoming at church as im the person making the roster and challenging my friends to find out one new fact about someone each week.

the last few weeks ive been more and more challenged about the girls in my kids church group and how im impacting their life so that they too can actively be part of gods church now and not in the future.

the verse 1 timothy 4:12 comes to mind when talking about being young but influencial in faith and thats what i wanna encourage people to be.

1 timothy 4:12 says
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

i wanna encourage my the girls i lead to know they dont have to wait until they are older to leader adn be influencial. they can be an active part of the church now and their plans dont have to be for the future.

i really feel a calling to teaching this message to all ages of people and im excited to see when this message takes me. right now im gonna spread this message to my church and my firends and the girls i lead.

Comments

  1. We love you and can see God shining through you already.. God uses ALL ages ALL abilities ALL backgrounds to spread his Love and Grace. You go girl!

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...