Summer and the next stages

Ive done so much since i last wrote and this last month has been an incredible month of growth, change and questions. i got accepted into Uni which i was really surprised about and will be studying a bachelor of social Work. its exactly where i felt called to be and where i really wanna be. im excited about the ministries God is gonna open though uni and the people im gonna come in contact with.

i went to CE camp over New year. it was an incredible time of personal growth and a time where God challenged me about wholeheartedly trusting God with my life first rather then trying in my own strength. i was really challenged at hte time to find out what that truely looked like and what it meant. i was also challenged with the idea of mentors. I have an amazing mentor who really just wants to help me grow, but there was so much i just didnt share i didnt open up with and wasnt honest with. Many parts of my life which i just didnt want to share in risk of being found to be stupid. God Challenged me to share with her these things and that in fact i would be relesed from these things as he will reveal things to me through her. things which in fact God was always saying but i wasnt listening to.

In the second week of January i was off to Port Vincent for a family mission or beach mission..... this was such a good trip...
initially i felt heaps out of my confort zone not knowing what was going on as i was the newbie on the team. but i stuck with it and had a blast. We had a sunday Funday down at hte beach where we advirtised our program and had an opportunity to talk to kids and families... i really enjoyed just getting to share Gods love and letting it shine out of me by blowing bubbles and making balloon animals... or dogs that might look like other animals...lol...
We had record numbers throughout the week which was really exciting and i was really challenged by the 10 - 12 year old kids i was working with at mission and the questions on faith the were asking and the events we were doing which they enjoyed and thought back to my group at church of 10 - 12 year olds and how i can get them involved in churhc and our kids ministry so they too are passionate about sharing gods love and willing to ask questions about faith.
I also was challenged about the people on the mission team and how they were relating to their families on mission... i thought back to my family which i had at first signed up to mission to get away from them... i thoguht sbout how i built or didnt build my relationships with them and about how sometimes my family couldnt provide some of the support i needed but how i had other people in my life who were like family to me and who looked out for me and treated me like their daughter. i realised how truely pleased i was.
i was challenged to step out of my confort zone when asked to play a lead role in the drama as someone else was unable to do it. i was a bit nervous about it as i had been pretty forgetful as of lately and didnt really feel confident inside myself enough to do it. But i did and loved it. i was also challenged to grow my skills in talking to parents. i had always found this difficult as i thought about what they would think of an 18 year old trying to share with them. although i didnt actually get to have any truely meaningful conversations with parents i feel like God prepared me beter for at church.

i finished the month off at Big Week Out which is a youth movement of young people inspired by Jesus to serve their local community. i was privillaged enough this year to be apart of an amazing team of people who Coordinated the week in the months leading up and did an aweesome job on the week. i found this week to be exhusing for many reasons. Physically planning and running the week was tiring but i really struggled to mantain contact with people and build relationships while being tired and trying to do what i needed to do. one of the coolest things with the week was that where i forgot to do things or where things fell through God provided and it was awesome to see God at work like that.
Through the service events i really saw God at work in a variaty of different ways. i spend the first two sevice events at Reactivate an awesome Opp Shop on Henley Beach road with teams helping them sort clothes get rid of rubbish and generally set up for the opening day the following week. (which if i can ad was a Job well done it looked amazing on opening, if you want more info on this shop comment and i'll give you info) it was awesome to see god at work through the people of activate church because they were starting this shop with the money going to various charities around adelaide and the world. It was really good to see these people passionate about the cause they felt so strongly about! i spent the thursday at the skate park which was something i really wasnt keen on. i hated the idea of watching people to dangerous flips and tricks and to be honest had stereotyped them as a bit dodgy and didnt really wanna spend my time there. i could have changed events if i wanted but i felt someething really call me to go anyway so i did and im heaps thankful i did. i felt an overwhelming calling to do more for this community of skaters and really get among the people at the skate park. i saw god at work through how freely they accepted us into their community and how they totally broke my stereotype of the typical skater with the way they spoke to each other lending a hand and teaching the young guys. friday i was at Adelaide high school doing a bunch of jobs with the CPSworker there. for me it was exciting to be able to work with him and be a visual christian help in the school community which lead for many him to have many conversations with staff there. it also grew my desire to work asa CPSWorker in a local school as i saw his passion for the students and my passion to see public schools changed got Jesus Christ. it reminded me of my high school and encouraged me to continue to pray for change there even though i have finished there!

i have learnt so much over the last few months as God reveals things to me which are challenging, daunting and exciting at the same time. i look forward to what else he has in store for me and sharing there adventures with you all!
I will write a few specific things God taught me over this time in the next few posts. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...