My daddy's Arms!

I went on CE camp over New Years like i have done for the last few years. This year we were privilleged to have Tim Hawkins speaking to us for Romans 8.
I had read Romans 8 this year through ES and really liked Romans 8 because it taught me that we were free of condemnation Vs 1
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"


On camp however i was challenged and provoked by different verses vs14-16
"14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.


the idea of being a child of God made sence to me but the idea that therefore God was my father was mind blowing. Not really sure why, i think in society we often get a bad image of fathers, not being there being strict and mean and not caring. i know i had that image.

I struggled to see a father as someone that would give their all to their sinful children, a father that would be waiting with open arms to emprace you as soon as he saw you and a father that would say, come on crawl up on my knee and lets talk. But this was the image i was given. the verse talks about how we are heirs of God and Co-heirs with Christ. God loves us all equally :)

Leaving camp i still struggled with the concept, i thought to myself that i would accept the idea of being free from condemnation and i could accept that God loved us and wanted to provide and protect us but i wasnt willing to associate that with God being our father.

About a week later i was reading this book called "too busy not to pray" by Bill Hybel and in the book it talks about Abundant blessings, rich inheritances and generous fathers and talked about us being a co-heir with christ. It also refered to Matthew 7:9-11 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" and talked about how a loving father would give up all he had in order for this child to have a better life a brighter future and a hope for something better.

i found myself balling my eyes out. tears streamed down my face. I had a father in heaven who had his arms streched out to me, despite all i had done and a father in heaven who wanted me to crawl onto his knee and say sorry to admit where i was struggling and just to listen to him talking, A father who who gives so much more and gifts that just cant be given by normal people.

so i will run, run into my dady's outstreched arms and i will crawl up into his lap and tell Him of the things i struggle to admit and spend time listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...