the answer to a little prayer.

This week has been a funny week for me in terms of head space, i was struggling with something and i didnt know who to turn to and felt quite lonely because i felt like i didnt have any female friends to chit chat about the silly things with (looking back, i realise how silly that thought was then). I decided to first turn to God, i told Him of how lonely i felt and that i was struggling with something but wasnt ready to tell Him about it yet, but that i needed a good quality friend to cross my path at the right time to talk this over and remind me that i needed to give it over to Him. The next day this situation was on my mind all day and i just repeated, God give me someone to share my struggle with. Evening arrived and i still had stuff on my mind, i had logged on to Facebook but wasnt doing anything on it, aimlessly scrolling while watching TV, my laptop was sitting next to me for a while and i noticed one of my best friends who i had'nt spoken to in a few weeks had started a chat with me, She simply asked how i was going, i was like i think you are the answer to my prayer. we talked for about an hour about faith, life, uni and ministry and i shared about my struggle. She told me that i needed to take it to God and said she would pray for me as i do. This was exactly what i needed a friend to do, give me advice and listen to me say i didnt want to give it do God but yet ultimately tell me its only God that could deal with it. I love that God answered the my prayer about providing me with the right friend and i love that that friend pointed me back to God and that God in His grace knew she was the right person that i would listen to, even though God could have just told me i needed to give it over. God answers prayers and im learning everyday to be honest with God even if its just honest that i dont want to give it over yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...