I Am....

Social media and limited characters for bios has forced us to create an identity in as little characters or words as possible. I often do this with I am statements and statements or words about things I love. 

Facebook says: 
I am... 22
I am... christian
I am.. Known as Muggles, Nicolee-ole, The Mugginator, Miamle and Muggers
I am... a Leader, a Youth Pastor, PCW and a Dreamer
i am... a friend and a Daugther
I am... learning from my mistakes
I am... studying a Bachelor of Ministry
I am... a child of God

Loves God
Loves People
Loves grapes
Loves stationary
Loves boardgames
Loves teaching and leading young people
Loves reading
Loves friends
Loves good food
Loves my church
Loves studying
Loves worshipping a great God

Instagram says:
Daughter, youth pastor, Chaplain (PCW), student, friend, dreamer, follower of Christ, born to make a difference

Twitter says:
Jesus. Community. Laughing. Boardgames. Youth Pastor. Bachelor of Ministry Student.

But is this who I really am? Or is this what I want others to see me as? Is this what I aspire to be like and how I want to be viewed? How does who I describe myself as on social media affect who I really am. 

The bible has I Am statements they are much more profound than mine. I am the way, I am the truth and I Am the Life. That's Jesus. 

The bible in many different places talks about who we are in Christ. It says we are children of God, beloved and chosen. It says we are forgiven. 

There are so many truths in the bible about who we are. And I know that I often don't hold these things close to me but rather allow the labels the world give me to become my identity. 

Identity is something i really silently struggle with. I know God has chosen me and called me His beloved child but often i don't see this. I don't see my worth and i can't believe my value.  I want to get better at understanding my true worth and identity in Christ, rather than creating something which will make me look popular and successful.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...