Vision Sunday

At the start of every year my church has whats called a vision sunday. Its where the pastors and directors of different ministries get the opportunity to share what the vision for their ministry is and how God has worked in the last year. I find it to be a really encouraging and motivating time as we are a whole church get to celebrate in the work of the Lord and as a community see the struggles that ministries often face in amongst the Joy.

Being youth intern at my church for this year i got the privellege to speak at our evening service about my vision for the youth girls i lead. I love to talk, i love to dream but i find public speaking really difficult and i find sharing my deepest desires and passion is difficult. On sunday had to get up and talk infront of roughly 150 people on what my heart was saying. it was tough getting up and speaking, my heart comes out more pasionately through writing then it does through speaking.

Currently at my church i have a group of junior high girls who attend with their family on a sunday morning but arn't connected in with the youth group or our youth and young adult service on Sunday evening. THis means each week i get 45mins to minister to these girls during our year 7-8-9 study group during church.
This is what my vision is for these girls that i get the privellege to lead.

I have a passion to see junior youth girls discover God and all He created them to be in His image. My desire is to get alongside them and encourage them in their walk.
I want to build a community of youth girls that is regular in their attendance and is committed to building community by inviting their friends along.
I believe 12-14 is a vital developmental age as they begin to become more independent, ask big questions and begin to work out how to live their lives to the fullest.
My desire to see junior youth girls grow and learn; comes from the decisions I made in my faith at that age which set me up for senior school and as I entered adulthood. I want the same for the youth girls that I get the privilege to lead.


I pray that you will join with me to pray that this vision becomes reality and that God will work in the girls lives over thte next 12 months and into the future.

Comments

  1. I will definitely pray with you. I know that I am not much older but even now I see how important it is to show them the Lord's love and all that He has for them. High school can be a nightmare and if a youth doesn't know the peace and strength they can find in Christ, life can be very difficult. And High school is of course just the beginning. :) May God give you the wisdom and strength you need to be that light for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...