Baptism and new life

On the 14th of November i got baptismed at my church. the decision to be baptised was one that was a long time coming... it had been on my heart for a while but i had never thoguht it was the right time and didnt just wanna do it because it was the christian thing to do i wanted to do it for me and my faith journey and as a public declaration for my faith. i finally decided to do it once i turned 18.

I was baptised wth two other awesome ladies in faith Nicole Hall my mentor adn steph Clapp a friend... it was an honour to be able to stand next to these incredible ladies and all share our faith walks which are all so different but still led us to the same place.
i shared this with my family nd friends adn church family before i was baptised...

I've been coming to HVUC for about 10 years now. So I’ve kind of always known about church and God. At first to me God was someone that I could blame for the problems in my life. But through the pain I felt in these situations I felt supported by leaders and friends and I was truly shown Gods love. My understanding of Gods everlasting love grew as I saw how God was working in other people’s lives.
My faith has been challenged and grown a lot over the last year or so through camps, running prayer meetings at school, leading in Kids Church and through the people I have in my lives who are constantly challenging me.
My faith is now my own and is not based on the church services each week or the friends I have, it’s based on the relationship I have with God and how I can live that out every day.
The decision to be baptised today has been something I have thought about for a while now and have been praying about. I want to be baptised today to take the next step in my faith journey and publicly declare my faith. God has done so many incredible things in my life and I can’t wait to see what else he has in store for me.


Even thought i dont feel very different since being baptised i now reflect on that moment and remember the night of my baptism and how i felt so wrapped in Gods love as well as the love of my church family and friends!

i believe God is seriously gonna use me for good things and im excited seeing how he is already using me and how he will continue to use me in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

Beautiful things