My Top 5 Bible Verses currently and what they are teaching me!

So as i said in an earlier post, my young adults pastor was talking about his top five bible verses nad since that conversation ive been challenged to think about five verses which mean something to me and why they mean something and what they are teaching me.

I have decided on my top five currently. they are not in any particular order but this is what i have

Colossians 3:23 (NIV)
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters


I really like this verse and even though it is one of the cliche verses i wrote about i feel like you can't not like it. I love the reminder and encouragement to work at things for God rather then trying to please others. I recently were challenged that this didnt just mean physical things i was doing such as work/Uni but also working at forgiveness/compassion/removing evil desires from my life etc.



1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV)
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”


Just one sentance but one that reminds me about the people i should try and be friends with. Often i think i make friends with the idea of helping them or being the role model in their life but i think this verse says bad company corrupts the good. I've seen this happen in my life previously and its something i want to be eminded of.


Mark 11:22-24 (NIV)
22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[a] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


This verse is really cool because its when Jesus is talking to his disiples and i really like the picture i get with this verse. I love this verse because it teaches me that God is Lord over all and that He is powerful over the impossible. It reminds me to pray about the hard things and believe in change through Christ.


2 Chronicles 29:11 (NLT)
My sons, do not neglect your duties any longer! The LORD has chosen you to stand in his presence, to minister to him, and to lead the people in worship and present offerings to him.”


As i consider taking ministry more seriously and persuing different ministry opportunities as my career and where im called this verse encouraged and challenged me to hold firm the responsibilities i have in ministry and stand and lead in worship, ministry and in devotion to God.


Romans 10:12-13 (NIV)
12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”


Sometime i question whether i am good enough to be saved. I look at the things ive done and had done to me and see brokenness and undeservingness. But this verse tells me two things, firstly that everyone who calls on the name of the lord will be saved. and secondly that there is no difference better Jew and Gentile, so no difference between those called to a specific ministry within the church and those who diligently serve in Gods name in their family or workplace.


These are my top five verses currently. I'm sure as i read more of the bible as as my situations change these will change.

Comments

  1. Hi Nicole! Nice to meet a fellow Aussie :)

    Your blog has been listed at www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The day I found my voice

Young leaders development...

The Word means a lot...